Frequently Asked Questions
How do I make an appointment?
Where can I find your rates?
Click here to receive our current rates and service offerings.
What is the photography process like?
- Easily schedule your shoot via online booking, phone, or email.
- We will review the property using available imagery and resources. We take a look at the tides (if applicable), sun location, and weather conditions but we strongly recommend you research these, too, to ensure the best possible appointment time.
- You will receive an email confirmation with a price breakdown, contact information of the photographer, and current COVID-19 policies.
- The photographer will arrive and do a walkthrough of the property to ensure its readiness.
- Back in the studio, your photographer gets to work editing the images.
- Photos are delivered in a beautifully curated gallery hosted on Pixieset with multiple downloading options. We always recommend downloading the high-resolution images for the MLS and any marketing.
What is the videography process like?
The first few steps of the video process are identical to steps 1-4 of the photography process.
- Back in the studio, the editing process begins.
- The first draft of the video is delivered within two business days. One round of edits is included in the price.
- You watch the video a few times and share it with your clients (if applicable) for their feedback. We recommend watching the video, taking a break, and then watching it again with fresh eyes an hour or so later.
- You send us your list of edits (if any) in an itemized list using timecodes. Example:
- .45 – remove clip of fridge
- 1.25-1.29 – extend clip
- Once we receive your feedback we will get started on the edits! Final video files are delivered within one business day of receiving feedback.
- We will deliver the 4K branded and unbranded (MLS compliant) video files via WeTransfer.com. We recommend downloading the videos as soon as you receive them and storing them on your hard drive.
See our 10-point strategy for publishing video content for video publishing best practices.
Who is the media producer?
Learn about our experienced team here!
When will I receive my photos? What about my video?
Photos are delivered within one business day and video first drafts are delivered within two business days. Occasionally, circumstances beyond our control arise and delivery of assets may be delayed. If this is the case, we will do our best to notify you of the delay.
What are the business hours?
Our office is open Monday-Friday from 9am-5pm, excluding holidays.
How do I pay?
Invoices are sent via email once all media is approved. We always want our clients to be happy with the work we provide prior to asking for payment!
How long do you keep media files for?
Media files are stored for up to six months. We strongly encourage you to download and store all media as soon as it is received.
How long should my voiceover script be?
Cinematic property video scripts should be no more than 275 works or 3 minutes when read allowed.
Any script over 3 minutes long will incur a fee of $150 per additional minute to account for extra editing time.
Who owns the media?
This is a great question. Keen Eye Marketing maintains all ownership and copyright to the media we create unless otherwise negotiated in writing in advance. We provide a limited license to use the media for your intended purpose. We ask that you not use the images outside of the intended purpose or share the images with other firms (vendors, contractors, designers, etc). Please direct all licensing questions to email@example.com. View our license agreement here.
Can you upload my listing video to Zillow?
No, Zillow has changed this process and the agent is the only one who can upload the video.
Do you create 3D tours? Floorplans?
We utilize Matterport software with a Ricoh Theta V camera to create easy to use 3D Tours and floorplans.
Where should I upload my video files?
What if it’s raining?
If there is inclement weather on the horizon, our customer service team will reach out to you to see if you wish to reschedule. There is no fee for rescheduling due to inclement weather.
What if I need to cancel my appointment?
All non-weather related cancellations made within one business day of the scheduled appointment time will incur a $250 cancellation fee.
Will the photographer help me move furniture?
No, the photographer will not help move furniture or stage the property. All properties must be shoot ready upon arrival. If the photographer arrives and deems the property is not shoot ready, he will leave and it will be the agent’s responsibility to rebook the appointment. Lack of property readiness will result in a $50 fee. Learn more about how to best prepare the property here.
How long will my appointment be?
Generally speaking, allow 90 minutes for photography and up to 3 hours for a photo and video production. Your production specialist will provide a time estimate upon arrival. Depending on weather conditions we may opt to focus on the exterior first.
How do I prep for my twilight photography appointment?
There is a narrow window of time when the light is perfectly balanced between inside and outside so we appreciate you prepping the house in advance. Generally, our team will arrive 10-15 minutes before actual sunset and will be on-site for approximately 30 minutes. You can view our full Twilight Photography Checklist here.
- Turn on all interior and exterior lights (excluding floodlights but including landscape lighting)
- Remove vehicles from the driveway
- Ensure the landscaping is shoot ready
- Move any yard debris or trash cans away from the property