Property Readiness Checklist
Less is more in real estate marketing. According to a survey conducted by the National Association of Realtors, Eighty-three percent of buyers’ agents said staging a home made it easier for a buyer to visualize the property as a future home. Removing unnecessary decor, furniture, and personal items makes for a better virtual and in-person experience and will ultimately make for the best photo or video presentation.
Here are Keen Eye Marketing’s suggested guidelines for property readiness.
See how to get ready for your Twilight Photography appointment here.
Curb Appeal + Home Exterior
- No cars in the driveway and walkways are clear of leaves and debris
- Lawn is freshly cut, leaves are raked, and plants are healthy and trimmed
- Yard is clear of toys, equipment, tools, hide garden hoses if possible
- Outdoor furniture is clean, uncovered, and thoughtfully arranged
- Pools are uncovered, clean, and skimmed of leaves and debris
- Pool cleaning tools, vacuums are removed and hidden
- Remove all signs: for sale, home security, etc.
General Home Tips
- House has been deep cleaned, painted if necessary, and prepped for selling
- All light bulbs are working and match in color temperature or warmth
- Personal items, boxes, kids toys are hidden or stowed away
- Pets are out of the home and no sign of dog beds, toys, water bowls, etc.
- Turn fans OFF, all lights ON, and window blinds open for maximum brightness
- Turn all TVs and computer monitors off
- Declutter counter and remove unnecessary items
- Hide paper towel rolls, dish soaps, and extraneous cooking items
- Stowaway small appliances and cooking items
- Straighten all chairs, barstools, and tables
- Clear counters of toiletries, toothbrushes, and soaps
- Remove all items from showers and tubs – no exceptions
- Hang fresh towels, clean bath mats
- Clean mirrors and surfaces
- Make all beds, smooth duvet covers, and fluff pillows
- Clear all personal items from nightstands and dressers
- Put away all clothing, shoes, and organize closets
- Remove clutter from coffee tables and end tables
- Arrange and fluff pillows and cushions
- Hide TV remote controllers, magazines, and cup holders
- Open blinds and curtains
Thank you for helping us create the best photos and video possible for your property. It can be a lot of work, but it’s worth it to get the best marketing, and ultimately top dollar at closing.
If you have any questions, please feel free to give us a call or email.