Property Readiness Checklist
The best way to ensure a smooth experience with your photography or videography appointment is to have the property ‘shoot-ready’ prior to the scheduled appointment. Typically that requires planning and coordination with the occupants to ensure that the house has been cleaned and de-cluttered or staged by a professional designer.
Less is more in real estate marketing. According to a survey conducted by the National Association of Realtors, Eighty-three percent of buyers’ agents said staging a home made it easier for a buyer to visualize the property as a future home. Removing unnecessary decor, furniture, and personal items makes for a better virtual and in-person experience and will ultimately make for the best photo or video presentation.
Here are Keen Eye Marketing’s suggested guidelines for property readiness.
Curb Appeal + Home Exterior
- No cars in the driveway and walkways are clear of leaves and debris
- Lawn is freshly cut, leaves are raked, and plants are healthy and trimmed
- Yard is clear of toys, equipment, tools, hide garden hoses if possible
- Outdoor furniture is clean, uncovered, and thoughtfully arranged
- Pools are uncovered, clean, and skimmed of leaves and debris
- Pool cleaning tools, vacuums are removed and hidden
- Remove all signs: for sale, home security, etc.
General Home Tips
- House has been deep cleaned, painted if necessary, and prepped for selling
- All light bulbs are working and match in color temperature or warmth
- Personal items, boxes, kids toys are hidden or stowed away
- Pets are out of the home and no sign of dog beds, toys, water bowls, etc.
- Turn fans OFF, all lights ON, and window blinds open for maximum brightness
- Turn all TVs and computer monitors off
- Declutter counter and remove unnecessary items
- Hide paper towel rolls, dish soaps, and extraneous cooking items
- Stowaway small appliances and cooking items
- Straighten all chairs, barstools, and tables
- Clear counters of toiletries, toothbrushes, and soaps
- Remove all items from showers and tubs – no exceptions
- Hang fresh towels, clean bath mats
- Clean mirrors and surfaces
- Make all beds, smooth duvet covers, and fluff pillows
- Clear all personal items from nightstands and dressers
- Put away all clothing, shoes, and organize closets
- Remove clutter from coffee tables and end tables
- Arrange and fluff pillows and cushions
- Hide TV remote controllers, magazines, and cup holders
- Open blinds and curtains
Thank you for helping us create the best photos and video possible for your property. It can be a lot of work, but it’s worth it to get the best marketing, and ultimately top dollar at closing.
If you have any questions, please feel free to give us a call or email.